Thanks! I think my doctor's nurse assistant must be totally over my emails by now but any time I have an issue or question, I email her and she has been really great about responding to every one of my concerns. I had already made up my mind that I will be extremely insistent with my doc at my next follow-up that he prescribe physical therapy. Most of the time I'm not in pain but when it hits - almost always late afternoon - it is unbearable. I worry how I'll manage once I run out of Lortab, which I intend to make sure he understands. So far, a combination of alternating heat and cold, biofreeze, Lortab and gentle massage provided by my wonderful husband does help with the pain but not the range of motion, which is why I want the PT.

Putting my hair in a ponytail is exhausting. I have to push my elbow against a wall to hold my arm up so that I can use it. Same thing in the shower when I wash my hair...

Carpe Diem!!
38, non-smoker, otherwise perfect health. Biopsy: 3/8/2012, SCC Dx Right Underside Tongue: 3/12/2012, Surgery: 4/11/2012 Partial Gloss + Neck Dissection to remove 29 nodes (all clear). No Rads or Chemo req'd. I believe my SCC was caused by product used in dental work.