Hi - and welcome - sorry you have to be here but this is a great place for information Iand support. I'm not American - but I can tell you what a bunch of others here will likely say... Go to a CCC - it sounds to me like your cancer has been there a while... If these guys have been treating you for 5 years and didn't catch it... Well frankly I'd be worried, moffitt has a good reputation. I may not be close to home but you're worth the effort to get the best treatment. forgive me if Shands is a ccc - I'm not sure but you should be treated at a place that sees this kind of cancer all the time, and that would be a ccc - there are others here who've had ca of the palate etc... I'm sure they'll be along... best of luck, and try not to freak out worrying won't help, educate yourself, (which I know is scary) ta will help. I found knowing what to expect really helped. Take care and we're here when you need us.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan