awesome! So impressed by the quick response. Very heart warming indeed to finally find someone who "gets it". I know that I am incredibly fortunate to have had the circumstances happen as they did. I am reminded of that everyday. I did lose 50% of my tongue but my doctor and friends continue to be amazed at how well my speech is. I hear a lisp and hang up on some words but to have gone through what I did and still be able to speak, amazing. So grateful.

It's such a weird pain to feel nerve sensation coming back in your mouth. The first few times I had spicy food was really interesting. Having a beer or wine was different wink I have to say the worst thing is my aversion to ice cream now. Ha! I ate so much of it before my diagnosis and after my biopsy and recovery that I hardly ever eat it anymore. Ha! I'm a huge ice cream fan so that's a shocker for me to admit.

I'm reading people's signatures and don't really know what all of the abbreviations mean but it's obvious you all went through quite a lot and I admire your strength through chemo and radiation. I really never went to "that place" when I was going through everything. I think that's where a lot of the fear rises from follow ups. I know that if I was ever to have a reoccurance that would probably be the first option but I try not to think about it.

neg lesion biospy 1/2007; lesion found 3/2011; baby boy 5/3/2011; biopsy 10/2011; diag. 10/17/2011 T2,SCC tongue; 10/25/2011 part. glossectomy 50% tongue rmvd w/muscle; 11/29/2011 neck dis; HSP 12/3/2011 infection of incision; 12/5/2011 29 lymph nodes negative for cancer. No chemo/radiation.