Hello everyone. I'm 33 years old and I'm a married mother of two boys, 2.5 years and 1 year. I was diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma in my tongue on October 17, 2011. A week later on 10/25/11 I had a partial glossectomy which removed 50% of my tongue, the tumor, and some of the muscle underneath. Due to the size and stage of my tumor, the doctor's performed a neck dissection on 11/29/12. Four days later I was hospitalized for an infection in my incision but was happy to find out the results of my lymph node biospy as 29 lymph nodes tested negative for cancer.

And arduous and long 7 week journey from diagnosis to cure has exhausted me but shown me strength at the same time. I am looking for support from others who have dealt with the same cancer as I regain feeling in my tongue and nerve damage in my neck and face. I would love to connect with other mothers with little ones as well.

It's been a bit of a delayed reaction for me going through what I went through so quickly. Not a day goes by where I don't think about cancer and getting ready for six week follow ups can be an emotional roller coaster.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing with you all as we all learn more about oral cancer and how to educate ourselves and others.