My RO just gave me this last Wed-Fri off for a long weekend because I was in so much pain. It definitely helped and I finish this Friday. Absolutely cannot wait! I spent my long weekend with my boyfriends parents up in Northern AZ and was elated to eat some pancakes drenched in butter and maple syrup! lol Also - his mom found a weight gain powder, ya know the kind I assume bodybuilders would use. It says to put it in milk or water but I've been adding it to my oatmeal and pancakes. 2 scoops a day=1500 calories!

I did see my ENT and he said it would be unlikely that something else would pop up during radiation and that it was probably just a side effect. My neck did become really red and sore but peeled just like a sunburn and my skin looks great now that we're not radiating my neck anymore. All in all I'm feeling a little better and more optimistic about the future.

Though I can't always taste everything on my tongue I can make out a lot of things 'from the back of my throat.' Does that make sense to anyone else? Is that common? There are a few things that just don't completely register at all but for the most part I seem to be able to make some things out still.

Sorry I haven't been around to post much but I was having a pretty tough time up until my break. Feeling pretty ill and weak. But I can see the finish line and I just can't wait to start healing! I'll see my RO tomorrow and be weighed but last time I checked I had only lost 21 lbs. Doing my best not to lose any more. Thanks again for all the support and feedback. You all have been just awesome. smile

Marie<3

Female, 37 yrs old,Non-Smoker/Social Drinker, HPV-
T3 N1 M0 SCC Dx 11-10-11
11-23-11 Left Hemiglossectomy
11-30-11 Modified Radical Neck Dissection
01-25-12 Removed another spot on BOT, skin graft (left thigh)
38 RADS Tx Finished April 13, 2012
Fall 2014 - HBOT due to wisdom teeth extraction post radiation