Hi all. Currently finishing up my 4th week of IMRT and feeling really alone and discouraged. Though the sores in my mouth and on my tongue have only lasted about 2 weeks and started to heal and I'm no longer in pain my taste is completely diminished.

I went into this weighing a healthy 150lbs at 5'7" and lost about 10 lbs due to 3 surgeries, regained about 5 back and am now down to about 130 because the only thing I can stand to eat is oatmeal.

I'm wondering if the sores are going to come back again? I don't want a feeding tube and I'm going to try ScandiShake which has 600 calories because it seems one of the few things I can taste (somewhat) is chocolate along with coffee and milk. Things like carnation instant breakfast and ensure are so thick they make me cringe and make my saliva "ropey" and unmanagable.
I'm also feeling very depressed about this whole lack of taste thing. I assume I'm not the only who loves food. Eating without taste leaves only texture which makes me nauseous and I might as well be chewing on cardboard. I just can't do it. It's miserable. I'm always hungry and trying to find ways to take in calories through liquids. I frequently try foods and am very disheartened when I taste nothing. I'm afraid I'm going to diminish to nothing and live miserably until things go back to normal - when will they go back to normal???

I feel as if my boyfriend - though I know he's trying to be supportive doesn't even come close to understanding what I'm going through. Apparently he thinks tough love will get me to eat or that time when he was little and sick and couldn't taste food for 3 days compares to what I'm going through. I'm scared I'm not going to get my taste back and that food will never be the same again. Sorry if this was all over the place and confusing but I have had nobody to talk to this entire time and just found this message board. Please help. :-/

Female, 37 yrs old,Non-Smoker/Social Drinker, HPV-
T3 N1 M0 SCC Dx 11-10-11
11-23-11 Left Hemiglossectomy
11-30-11 Modified Radical Neck Dissection
01-25-12 Removed another spot on BOT, skin graft (left thigh)
38 RADS Tx Finished April 13, 2012
Fall 2014 - HBOT due to wisdom teeth extraction post radiation