I don't know how long I will go. I seem to be a cancer magnet, as I have had three different ones. I can blame my grandparents for these genes that don't do such a good job of protecting me.

The beauty of these forums is that with good people newly coming to them all the time, who care about helping others, they will be around and open long after I am gone. That is unless we can actually eliminate the disease, and then we will close the doors for good.

Perhaps that is hoping for too much, I will be satisfied with the incidence rate becoming very small, and survivorship from early discovery being very high.

By the way I will be 39 AGAIN this year. Ingrid tells me that since I really can't pull off that look anymore, I should start telling people I'm 79, and lying in the other direction. Then they will thin I look amazingly good for my advanced age.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.