Probably my last post unless anything major changes, but I wanted to provide a quick update. I visited my ENT late last week, he asked some questions about how I've been doing, took a quick look and sent me on my way telling me not to be worried. It was the first time I had seen him face to face since the biopsy so he gave me a bit more context. He said that while taking samples he noticed something hard in the lower right lingual tonsil area that he hypothesized was something foreign that got stuck and the tissue around became irritated and/or calcified, which he removed.

My primary symptoms are gone, I don't have the severe pain in my right throat and ear like I had initially. The only thing that worries me a bit is that I still get an odd achy sensation at times in my throat, in the area just behind my jaw and under my ear, and in my ear (on both sides at different times). It's not very painful but it's just annoying/odd enough to make me a bit concerned.

At any rate I guess the fact that the CT and biopsy both looked normal should remove my fears of cancer or any kind of tumor, I just get kind of nervous that I'm still not crystal clear on the root cause. The fact that several people post in these threads that the doctor had to go "deep" to find a tumor makes me just a tiny bit nervous that something is being missed.

At any rate I guess there's not much to do at the moment other than wait and make sure the symptoms don't get worse, and not to worry too much about something that doesn't seem very major. Again I really appreciate the support and information from everyone here and I hope 2012 is treating you well so far!