Thank you Karen and Brian. Your responses have given me some better direction. Much appreciated! My oral surgeon sent it in for pathology and the first report indicated severe dysplasia described as 'a papillary lesion consisting of markedly hyperkeratotic stratified squamous epithelium arranged in villi with delicate fibrovascular stroma with 'perinuclear halos and shrinkage to form koilocytes consistent with viral cytopathic effect with hyperchromatism, increased N/C ratio, variation in morphology of the rete ridges and extension of the atypical cells to the surface layer'. When I asked my surgeon if we could type the virus, he said that the tissue was likely destroyed during the analysis and that 'the dental lab doesn't have the equipment to type viruses'. I live in a big city (Toronto), so I found that unusual. I certainly can call the pathologist myself and see where that leads. Would a visit to an ENT help now? I had one check me out two months ago after the first tissue removal and all was fine. However, this latest report from the same pathologist says 'the recurrences suggest that this is a form of papillary dysplasia rather than squamous papilloma.' You two - and this great site - are real gems. Thank you! Nick