Mark, please dont worry! I know its hard not to but cancer can be a thief. It steals your life from you by making it all you think about. I suggest making yourself extra busy right now. Take on some type of hobby or project to stay focused on. By dwelling on the 'what if's' it makes a person paralyzed by fear of the unknown. Please get out and go about your business. Push yourself to go do fun things with the ones you love. IF you have cancer and it is a huge IF, then when you are diagnosed will be the time to make your battle plan with your doctors. Its not possible to plan until you know.

During my last biopsy wait, I went on a 25 mile bike ride with my 19 year old son. It would be the 3rd time I would be diagnosed with cancer and I was so afraid I would not live to see my children settled in life. I am their only parent and they were in my opinion too young to be out in life alone without any guidance. During that long week, I did positive things with my children to make some important memories. In my mind I was going to make it so if nothing else they would always remember my sense of adventure, the special things were shared and how we could always laugh no matter what. Luckily I am still here thru a third round of OC and we all have awesome memories.

Most doctors and nurses will not give a patient their results over the phone. In Angelia's case she knows these people and is a well established patient which may be why they will tell her earlier and by phone. Ive always seen a week to get biopsy results as labs do not just the quick preliminary test for a fast result but they do some more in depth testing as well.

Please always remember that every single person's experiences will vary from someone else. What works for one wont always work for another. After being here for so long, I have seen so many people come here that were certain they were sick but found out it was something else. I hope you are one of those luck people who do not have cancer. IF you do, then you are in the right place for lots of advice and support. Now, go out and do something fun this weekend smile

Last edited by ChristineB; 09-10-2011 03:56 AM.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma