hello to all, about 3 weeks ago i saw and ent for my thyroid i thought anyway.after he put the scope through my nose he stared putting his fingers down my throat and tongue.
he said i had a lump on my tongue and it might be tongue base cancer.(i'm thinking in my head what) then he wanted me to get an altrasound.got it the next day. dr called back after 5 days and said he needed my old altrasound to look it over.also he said i had 1 nodule in a muscle and he would call me back in a day or two.

he did,t say anything about my tongue.so my wife and i decided to call unmc in omaha.we thought this is the best place around here for cancer and get a second opinion.
we were really pleased with unmc so we decided to go there.
they got me in this week and did another ultrasound with biospy.

my new dr said that he wasn;t real concern about my tongue because there wasn;t any mass on it.
he did scope me and said my right tonsils was red and generously large.and my thyroid had some nodules in them so he biopsy it.

and wants me to come back in two weeks to biospy my tonsils,tongue. and nogule in the muscle of my lymph nodes.

if anybody has experienced any or all of these things..i would enjoy hearing from you. as to what i can expect.from someone whos been there .. thanks.

having a direct laryngoscopy & biopsy and ct scan....9-18-11
dr might take my thyroid out.