Thank you Stefan and Marie for sending us messages.

To Stefan , we have not heard of reconstructive surgery using the hip bone for upper jaw surgery. My mother was not given this option, I wonder if different techniques are used in different countries? My mother has had bone matter taken from her skull to rebuild the roof of her mouth (to seal the hole)I think they call it a 'flap'? and a prosetic plate to replace the jaw and teeth. The only problem she has, is it might not be sealed correctly as she has liquid coming out her nose when she eats sometimes, which isnt very nice, but it isnt distressing her too much, its just like she has the sniffles and the surgeons know about it and have said its not serious and can be rectified. Thanks for your comments, stay well and our very best wishes.

To Marie. We wish your husband well with his surgery. Feel free to e mail us at any time and tell us how your husband has got on. We are not far ahead of you in this cancer challenge, but if you would like to chat or ask questions to my mum, feel free, we will happily reply. Good luck and best wishes to you both.