Hi, Chetan -
contrat's on completing the radiation! My husband had trouble sleeping, and found that using a lot on pillows so he was semi-upright helped a bit. The pain meds helped the sleep, but he still up and down a lot.

My husband's pattern was like Anne's - he started noticing improvement about 10 days after treatment ended. His nutrition was shakes I made with packets of Breakfast Essential - sometimes I used dairy milk and ice cream, other times soy milk and icecream. Vanilla will probably be your choice for a bit.

You main task at this point is to stay hydrated, and keep some nutrition coming in. Your doctors can help with pain meds and numbing mouth washes, but remember that its a team effort, and (although it may not feel like it) you're actually the captain. Keep your support team aware of what you need, and they will help you through it.

My husband is about 4 months past his last radiation treatment - and we are just now getting packed up to go camping with his friends - I will be joining him next week. It didn't seem possible back at the end of the therapy ... gotta go back to packing now! Keep the faith!

CG to husband - SCC Tonsil T1N2M0 HPV+ Never Smoker
First symptoms 7/2010, DX 12/2010
TX 40 IRMT (1.8 gy) + 10 Cetuximab
PET Scans 6/2011 + 3/2012 clear, 5 year physical exam clear; chest CT's clear of cancer. On thyroid pills. Life is good.