Keep in mind that we can all be different but I would say that the overwhelming majority of us suffer the same. These are my personal memories:

Nausea..That was the worst side effect for me. Nothing helped. I even stooped all pain meds hoping that would help. I developed a gag reflex that lasted 3 weeks post Tx which made swallowing anything challenging.

Tongue blisters..depends on the focus of the rads. Mine was BOT and nodes on both sides so I really didn't have that problem.

Mucositis..Lasted for about 3 weeks for me. Finally went away and gave way to your next topic.

Dry Mouth..Started after the thick stuff left. Recovered, along with my taste over 2 years with noticeable improvements at 4, 5, 14 (the biggest by far) and 24 months post Tx.

Also keep in mind that most of us suffer the worse the few weeks AFTER Tx stops. I only say this to prepare you in case you do to.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.