Hey,
I originally started this idea in my introductory thread. http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130391&page=8

So far, I've sent an 800+ word document with photos via email to the following locations:

FREE TO AIR:
The Today show, Sunrise, 60 minutes, 7pm Project, A Current Affair, Today Tonight, ABC Health & Wellbeing

RADIO:
Nova, B105, Triple M

NEWSPAPERS:

Courier Mail, Daily Telegraph

OTHER:
news.com.au

These are the places i could think of. I'm from Brisbane.. I sent out these emails about 2-3 hours ago. I just checked my emails & i've recieved a reply from ABC's Health & wellbeing. They are interested in the story. Here's the email they sent sent me..

Hi Dave

Thanks so much for taking the time to write to us. It sounds like you have really been through the mill in the last year, but it's great that you are getting back on the road to good health now.
We would love you to write something for us about your experience and we think the messages you hope to spread, about the disease and the importance of early detection, are incredibly important.

We usually ask people to work on the piece for a Your Story themselves, but then one of the editors on our site will have a look at it and help polish it up before we publish. So there is sometimes a bit of back and forth before it's published. We will also work on some fact boxes to go in the story, explaining a bit more about the condition for the audience.

We also send all our Your Story contributors a gift voucher for the ABC Shop as a thank you for their time and being kind enough to share their story.

Let me know if you are still keen to go ahead.
All the best

Rebecca Jenkins
On behalf of the ABC Health & Wellbeing team

So promising signs early on. By the looks, this will require me to film a segment on myself if i've read correctly. Out of the listing i sent the email too, this one would be the station with the lowest ratings though.

What are people's thoughts?
cheers,
dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!