Cate,

In my expert opinion I think you should avoid all physical contact with people and wear a hazmat suit 24/7....no not really I'm messing with you.

80% of women will have one strain or another of HPV by the age of 60, god knows what that % is in men but I'd wager its higher. Strains 16 & 18 are the ones to watch for however just testing + doesn't automatically mean you will develop oral or cervical cancer from them. What it does mean is that you should be vigilant in getting regular checkups and looking for early warning signs.

If you are unsatisfied w/ the opinions of the ENTs you've seen, get an appt w/a Cancer Center nearest you and request a PET scan or CT and see if there are any suspect areas to biopsy. A biopsy is the only way to determine if you in fact have cancer.

Good luck and don't let worry overcome you, just stay vigilant and keep on top of things if you have risk factors. Even if it is cancer it isn't an automatic death sentence especially if caught early

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 06-13-2011 10:33 AM.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.