What would we do without our selfless caretakers when we are going through the worst experience in our lifes? President Bush should declare A National Give Thanks to Caretakers week so we can pay homage to them appropriately. I was fortunate enough to have my in-laws move in with our family for about three months freeing up my husbands time to care for me and be at the hospital when I needed him They took care of our son, and then helped heal me when I was home from the hospital. And without my husbands constant encouragement and "can do" attitude I really don't know where I'd be today. He never missed a beat---never--- and was with me during the worst of times just holding me or giving me words of comfort. Today he remains my biggest cheerleader! So I hear you Packer 66 and I know exactly what you mean when you say your wife is/was your inspiriation, your guardian angel. I guess they took those wedding vows pretty darn seriously and I for one am glad they did! Sincerely, Donna

SCC first time 1989, with a diagnoses of 'cancer in situ' removed lesion, no other treatments.
SCC recurrence 1997 of tongue and floor of the mouth. Stage III /IV Hemmiglossectomy (removed over 60% of tongue/ floor of the mouth), free flap, modified neck, RAD and Chemo(cisplatin, 5fu) simutainously.
Cancer free 6, yes, six, years!