Hey Will- I am begrudgingly telling you that for the 2 weeks after treatment were the worst. Not having the daily distraction of the RT app't left me feeling like I was watching and waiting out every single second to see if I was getting better or worse! I think that we focus so much on making it through treatment that once we achieve that goal we can hit the ground with a thud - since you're "done" treatment family and friends start being a little less attentive and you want to let them go because you're "supposed" to be better when treatment is done. I found that I had to call back my support crew because I'd let them go too early - I needed them even more just to hang out and distract me. I recall fervently believing that I was not and would not get better - the time after treatment was a time of really low spirits - I would try positive self-talk and tell myself that I actually was getting better and before I knew it I WAS!

I truly hope for you a slow but steady recovery!!! Just know that it might have highs and lows for a little while and don't be afraid to keep your posse close to you!
Thinking of you!!! I'd also love to be part of your "posse" if you need a distractor over the next few weeks!!

Jennifer (39)
02/10 SCCa Tongue & Base, HPV-
03/10 Partial Glossectomy & ND 11/10 Revision due to additional nodes 12/20-2/2/11 IMRT & concommitant chemo 2/11 PEG in 3/11 PEG out
Back at work and feeling good 03/24/11!
12/20/11 - 9 month f/u PET/CT - all clear!