Yes... A CT would be helpful. My primary physician, sent me to an ENT - he did a biopsy, he was going on holidays for 3 weeks. I didn't want to wait. Went to my primary - got my results, he set up a CT - head and neck - then and there, blood work too. Then he gave me a referral to the top guy in Toronto, who fit me in the first week back from Christmas. My other ENT guy was just back that week - and I wouldn't have seen him for 2 weeks at least - then he would have had to book me for surgery that would have put me 3 or 4 weeks behind where I am right now. And given the cancer the time to grow and spread.

CTs do show inflammation and infection too though... Maybe a PET/CT I think the PET works on sugars and that might be more reliable in detecting a tumor... Because sugars are what feed a cancer. Maybe someone else here can correct me if I am wrong.

The ccc is great call them - ask to be put on a wait list.. Explain that your in pain and it's doubing in size rapidly and you are freaking out..

This may help. Otherwise have your dr. Send you to another ENT - and then call and ask to be put on a cacellation list there. Advocate for yourself. And push...

You don't want to wait.

Best of luck.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan