2002 - WOW. How wonderful to hear from someone who is such a long-time survivor. Looks like you beat the demon, but now have to fight the after effects. You'll meet many people on this Forum who have such problems, but not too many who can proudly say they've been rid of cancer since 2002. The side effects really suck, and make our live miserable. BUT, YOU ARE A TRUE SURVIVOR, and an encouragement for us all. I hope your problems somehow diminish. I have also had late side effects that I didn't even have during my treatments, which I even wonder if they are connected with radiation/chemo. I wish you all the luck in the world in beating yours. You will meet PROS on this Forum who will help you, and if they don't know the answers, they'll direct you to someone who does. WELCOME!
julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile