I had called the Dr. and checked to see if it was OK to switch. I go back to the Dr. on Friday, still using the Jevity that we had already purchased.I will check again and if they want me on it I will talk with the case worker at the hospital. This has 284.4 calories per can so it is not quite as high as Ensure Plus. I am HOPING that within another week I will be able to get the jaws unwired and get the rubber bands and maybe drink instead of the feeding tube. I KNOW I can't drink that Jevity...YUCK! :o)

I will check on it Friday for sure, as I am concerned too...don't want to go broke but don't want to skimp on my calories/food.

Doing OK....not bouncing back as quick as I expected this time...I understand...just disappointed it isn't coming back as quickly. I will need physical therapy for the shoulder that they drug the muscle up and through. I will post again after I get back on Friday.

Michele in IL

Female - 53 no smoke/drink
tongue Biopsy 8/2010
Surgery 9/21 for SCC left side tongue stage II. Prtl removal tongue/left side lymph nodes. All Clear
Radiation started 11/2, ended 12/17
Lymph node involved left side along with gum involvement 2/9 Fibular flap failed 2/22.
passed away 1/12/12