Ok, my first night home and can't get comfortable with neck dissection on both sides. :o( Anyway...I just got the bill for a MONTH worth of Jevity Plus 1710 - seems it is going to be $70 per day for 6 cans a day to have it delivered by a local Health service. Insurance will pay $40 a day, we 2ill owe $30 a day. I didn't eat that well when I could eat. :o(

I will call insurance tomorrow and see if they would cover Nestle or Carnation or Ensure if it were prescribed and maybe I could purchase it cheaper.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips/tricks on eating and not going broke with an NG tube. My mouth is wired shut, with another 2 weeks to go and then rubber bands for 3-4 weeks...so we are talking a LOT of money for $30 a day.

I am not thinking really clearly yet...and am WAY over tired but if anyone has any stories/ideas, etc I would appreciate it. I am debating about just going with Ensure with Fiber at $10 or so a day...not $30!

First night home - tired/exhausted but can't sleep, get comfy or do much of anything else. Have the trach collar on over my stitches and staples.

Just wondering if insurance will pay for the lesser brands, and other hints and tips. This every 4 hours stuff is killing me!

Michele in IL

Female - 53 no smoke/drink
tongue Biopsy 8/2010
Surgery 9/21 for SCC left side tongue stage II. Prtl removal tongue/left side lymph nodes. All Clear
Radiation started 11/2, ended 12/17
Lymph node involved left side along with gum involvement 2/9 Fibular flap failed 2/22.
passed away 1/12/12