Michele,

It�s good to have you back. You are in my thoughts and I�m praying for you.

When I read your first post, I thought the pharmacy tech had typed the order wrong and was charging you for the one liter bottles rather than the cans. When Tim left the hospital, they sent us home with a couple and the cost was around $12 each.

You may want to let whoever ordered it for you know that the supplier is ripping you off. This is just another example of certain members of the medical community taking advantage of patients because they don�t tend to comparison shop immediately after major surgery.

Before switching to another brand, be sure to ask your dietician as well as the surgeon. Tim�s surgeon had no idea what diet he needed; it�s not their area of expertise. Some Jevity is identical to Ensure, but others have more calories, fiber and added supplements. If you decide to stay on the Jevity, Tim gets his delivered from H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug in Springfield. They may deliver to your part of Illinois, too. You can also order directly from Abbott.

Keep strong.

Susan, CG to husband, diagnosed April 2010, age 56, non-smoker, no HPV
Mandibulectomy on left side May 2010 followed by 30 radiation, 3 cisplatin treatments.