Sue, I wish I had a magic wand too, not just for my dad, but for everyone out here who has to go through this. I'm thankful for this site, as I dont now how we would have gotten this far without it. I'm glad you are here now.

Minnie, we go to VCU Medical Center, which I still refer to as MCV. His radiation treatments will be done at the Massey Cancer Clinic at the Main Campus in downtown Richmond. It's about an hour away from my parents house as they live just west of Richmond. His H&N surgeon is Dinardo. We are encouraged that they can do more treatments. Mom was worried that they would not be able to radiate. She was so relieved when I called to let her know they could. We know the radiation will be tough, and now we are concerned about the chemo. Maybe we will feel better once we meet with the MO and find out what thats going to be all about.

Donna, Dad's first name is Jim. Mom's name is Jean. We all have names that start with J. I carried on the tradition with my daughter and she has done the same. Eight out of 11 of us at Thanksgiving had a J name. Sometimes we get a little tongue tied if we are all together and call each other by the wrong name. Thanks for adding him to your prayer tree. Our prayer is for his comfort during all this.

Thanks for all of the support. I can't imagine going through all this without you all.

CG to Father, 75 yo with SCC of the mouth; upper maxillectomy and neck diss. performed on 5/23/07. Father also suffered heart attack during surgery and now has CHF. RT complete on 8/28/07. Cancer back 11/27/07. RT and Chemo to start on 12/17. Cancer back 6/17/08. Finally at rest 08/08/08.