Dad's cancer is back.

It now looks like he has a tennis ball growing on the side of his neck. Much different in size from where it was three weeks ago. Today we met with the surgeon and here is what we have been told.

It is inoperable at this time. We have an appointment with the RO on Thursday at 9:00 AM to discuss possible radiation combined with chemo. IF the radiation can shrink the tumor then they MAY be able to operate, but chances are the whole tumor will not be able to be removed due to the location. (Who knows if he could even survive another surgery) We aren't even sure yet if radiation is a viable option. If the cancer spreads it will more than likely spread down rather than up. The good news is that his lungs are clear as of today.

I'm going with Dad to his appointment on Thursday. I'm looking for help with composing questions that I should ask the RO with regards to his treatment options. If anyone could help me out and give me some suggestions for questions I would greatly appreciate it. I'm feeling a little brain dead at this point.

This just sucks.

CG to Father, 75 yo with SCC of the mouth; upper maxillectomy and neck diss. performed on 5/23/07. Father also suffered heart attack during surgery and now has CHF. RT complete on 8/28/07. Cancer back 11/27/07. RT and Chemo to start on 12/17. Cancer back 6/17/08. Finally at rest 08/08/08.