Forgive me. Call me crazy but I think aggressive is the way to go. Everyone is an individual. Everyone's body responds differently. And while most doctors are pretty accurate when it comes to making their decisions, they aren't 100 percent. There is always that one case that they think "won't" or "shouldn't" but does... Cancer is cancer. Go after it with both barrels blazing. That way in the end... you don't find yourself saying... "I should have..."

As you can see from my sig. I too have a SCC lesion on my tongue. It is a fair size, stage 2 though no metastacies was shown three weeks ago during my MRI. I am still having a hemiglossectomy R/T size - but also the neck dissction done, and if they tell me I will need radiation I will do that too.

Cancer is not something to mess around with. If the means to fight it is at your disposal, then do whatever you have to to make sure it's gone. Best of luck.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan