They haven't officially said MD was due to HPV..... but it was BOT and from what he says about what he knows of this cancer, he's got it beat, leads me to feel it was due to HPV and they just aren't saying it cuz he's a celeb. Why else would someone say they have it beat only 6 months or so after the beginning. For me, I can't say I have it beat for 5 years, but they always tell you it's different for HPV as you don't have to worry so much about it coming back.

Joel~ so far, have they only found it in your lymph nodes?? I don't know what HN means in ur signature, but if that's the case, that's kind of odd, usually it starts somewhere in your mouth and then spreads to lymph nodes. Mine started on my right lateral tongue and then spread to my lymph nodes.

Either way, I will be thinking of you, and hoping that the biopsies are negative, but with lymph node involvement, it almost always is somewhere else as the primary, so hope they figure that out for you.

25/female at diagnosis
Dx;stage 3 SCC tongue 03/25/2010
Surgery 04/13/2010
Trach,ng tube, peg feeding tube
Hemiglossectomy, right side neck dissection, 40 lymph nodes removed. Free-Flap transplant to tongue.
30 rounds IMRT ended July 15,2010