Ive had that pain and it was due to my peg tube becoming dislodged. This happened while I was in the hospital. Nobody would listen to me for several days. I would suggest you call your gastro doc immediately or go to the ER. This needs to be checked, an xray wont find it, you need a CT. When a feeding tube becomes dislodged it can become embedded in the stomach or abdominal wall. It happened to me. The pain will gradually become worse and worse as days go by until you will not be able to even put 10 ml into your tube without causing yourself to be in agony.

Do not give up your peg tube. If you cant maintain your daily calories and hydration then you are not in any shape to be rid of it. Patience. I know it stinks but it really is your friend and you should take advantage of what it can do for you. Until you are able to take in enough calories and sustain yourself without the tube for 2 months then you shouldnt have it removed. Make sure you are getting enough protein. That can be a tough one when relearning to eat. Try adding high protein powder to your formula to help speed your healing.

When you have a peg tube you should not be lifting anything over 15-20 pounds. You need to be use caution even with everyday activities. I hope your issue is nothing serious but it could be. Hope you feel better soon.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma