WoW.. I am completely humbled by everyones response. From the deepest part of my being thank you.
Here is a brief history and where we are as far as treatment considerations.
An Oral Surgeon sent the biopsy to LSU, where I recieved my training, two pathologists reviewed the slides and agree it is well differeintiated SCC on the lateral border. A third pathologist has confirmed the diagnosis and for whatever reason it is now being sent to MD anderson. Monday my sister saw a local ENT, mississippi, he ordered the tests. SHe had her CT, blood work, PET all over a two day period. This Wed afternoon via a phone call they believe it has spread to a single node. We found out from an appt yesterday that they beileve it is in a submandibular node..
Now that we have an idea of the location she will be going to see Dr. Gahali at a cancer hospital in Sherevport, La. I live in Lafayette, La, MD Anderson is actually closer in proximity than Sherevport but from research I have gathered and through many discussions with colleges we have decided on Shereveport mainly because there is a surgeon that is suppose to be one of the "most talented, gifted surgeons in the country" who lives and breathes oral cancer. He has been explained as the most talented man in the South if not the entire country. I have spoken to many people in regards to this and would like to assure you that I am not using the good ole' boy approach. His Name is Dr. Gahali.

Now havig said the aforementioned I will be happy accept any and all recommendations. I understand that people here have a better understanding of this cancer than I do. I again thank everyone for the considerations.
Ken

Last edited by kenmorgandds; 11-27-2010 05:46 AM. Reason: bad spelling LOL