Thank you all for the replies. Im sorry i havent responded sooner but the last week has been hell for me. I went back to my Dr last week with a very very sore roof of my mouth.(they used tissue from it so it is very raw. I couldnt see my surgeon as it was his day off and saw one of his collegues who pretty much told me to tough it out. Thank God Im seeing my surgeon tomorrow because i just cannot take this pain any longer. Im still on painkillers 1 or 2 every 4 hours and I do not want them any more. Im not really sure what i am feeling, it feels like nerve pain, my whole upper mouth is so sore, even my teeth. My throat is better, Im able to swallow now so that is good. I started swishing with warm salty water today and that seems to be helping a bit. I will also find out tomorrow if Im going to need radiation. I really hope not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize my mouth pain? Thanks in advance. you all are so nice and friendly. Im so glad I found this forum.

Last edited by plantgirl; 11-16-2010 03:01 PM.

4 cancerous tumors stage4 Surgery 10/26/2010 Radiation 2x a day for 4 weeks (started Dec 13th 2010)
Reccurance discovered Nov 2011. Tumor behind left jaw. Erbitux, Taxol and Paraplatin for 6 wk. Surgery scheduled for Feb
50 year old woman smoked for 30 years quit 3 years ago light drinker HPV +16