Yes david, I was concerned too that the guinea pig might not be terribly reliable - especially when I found out the day before that he had taken himself off pain meds 2 weeks ago after being told that WHEN he was ready, he needed to ease off stepwise to avoid withdrawal symptoms, depression etc. He told no one, still had a mouth full of ulcers and complained his shoulder and back hurt from multiple stab wounds courtesy of the cardiothoracic department. He tells the doctors all the time that we are intelligent human beings but I am afraid I can only vouch for myself at the moment (and even that is a bit questionable since chemo brain seems to be catching).

However, I am as sneaky as he is "forgetful" and worked out that he should have taken 120mLs by the time I got home which would pretty much empty the bottle. The bottle was empty this morning so, provided he wasn't even sneakier than me, and didn't tip the doses down the sink, he seems to have been conscientious.

Alex has been talking about "giving back" and he recognises this might help others if he can stay focused and objective.

Nothing much to report yet, Alex complains of frothing at the mouth when he first takes a dose but says he thinks the phlegm is not as bad as it was. However, he thinks it was improving before he started the Bisolvon anyway. We will check that perception when he has a week without anything.

There is a fly in the ointment - bromhexine is not available in the US. However, I have LOTS of time this weekend and will research alternatives such as that guanithingamy (assuming that the concept works). Unfortunately, this weekend is grand final weekend for the Rugby League and to add insult to injury the Australian Rules football Grand final is being replayed as a consequence of the fools playing to a draw last weekend (why can't they just play a round of scissors, paper, rock like normal people). So I have to suffer TWO Grand Finals on one weekend. BLECH!

Karen
Love of Life to Alex T4N2M0 SCC Tonsil, BOT, R lymph nodes
Dx March 2010 51yrs. Unresectable. HPV+ve
Tx Chemo x 3+1 cycles(cisplatin,docetaxel,5FU)- complete May 31
Chemoradiation (IMRTx35 + weekly cisplatin)
Finish Aug 27
Return to work 2 years on
3 years out Aug 27 2013 NED smile
Still underweight