Welcome to OCF. You are at the right place for help. I am so sorry that you have joined our forum but also so glad that you have found OCF. We will guide you along and listen when you vent. We will encourage you when you want to quit and cheer when you overcome hurdles. You have just found your new best friends here.

I know you are having trouble eating but right now try to eat everything you want. Big hamburgers, steaks, mexican, or chinese food, anything you are craving try to pack it in now. Depending upon what your treatment will be, your eating functions may become compromised. Swallowing and your salivia could give you some difficulty.

Your age will play a part in how quickly you bounce back from this. Being young will help you fight off fatigue if you are given radiation.

I have added a link for the best cancer centers. If you read some posts, there are some from members who did not have medical insurance and how they got treated. Do not let that limit you to where you will go. This is not something to play around with. You must be completely honest with your doctors so they can treat this.

The main pages of OCF have so much info, you could read for days. There is a search function there also. Read and learn everything you can. Ask questions of your medical team and take someone with you to all your doctor appointments. A second set of eyes and ears is invaluable. Write down your questions so you dont forget. Get a second opinion for how you will be treated and choose the best hospital and course of action for you.

Most of all, relax and know we are here to lean on. You are not alone. Best of luck with everything.

http://oralcancerfoundation.org/resources/index.htm#centers

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy