Thanks for the replies to my query. I don�t think I am particularly depressed and that was not why I was prescribed the tablets. I was told it was for neuropathic pain (makes interesting reading if you Google it smirk ) which is due to with the burning tongue and sometimes raw feeling. One of the possibilities for this is damaged nerve/nerve ending from the surgery. It does feel worse when I am concentrating, stressed or anxious...I a seem to suck on the tongue/flap without realising it. At his stage I am trialling it until my next appointment at the end of August. If I do get some bad side effects I will stop it. I already suffer with occasional insomnia so if I notice that getting worse will also stop. I have emailed a few of my of my �local� OCF friends and they have also had this prescribed. One for shoulder nerve pain and I presuming that was a result of OC radiation (will ask). She stopped after 3 months feeling spaced out and forgetful.
Christine the debulking of the flap was a day procedure (I think because most but not all were) under a general and while I was told a fair amount of fat was removed from the flap once healed I could not feel much difference.
Dear friends..if I have missed answering a question let me know and I will answer.

Last edited by Gabe; 07-04-2010 12:09 AM.

History Leukoplakia bx 8/2006 SCC floor mouth T3N0M0- Verrucous Carcinoma.
14 hour 0p SCC-Right ND/excision/marginal mandibulectomy 9/2006, 4 teeth removed, flap from wrist, trach-ng 6 days- no chemo/rad.
6 ops and debulking (flap/tongue join) + bx's 2006-2012.
bx Jan 2012 Hyperkeratosis-Epithelial Dysplasia
24cm GIST tumour removed 8/2013. Indefinite Oral Chemo.

1/31/16 passed away peacefully surrounded by family