Hello:
I so appreciate all of the kind words. I am still working. My job is at a school system, but I teach over a television, and work on a college concurrent credit system. That means we teach on a college semester calendar. My kids are seniors and juniors in high school all over the state of Arkansas. I have four more weeks to go. I can take FMLA, but that is UNPAID leave. In the financial situation that I am in right now, I just cannot afford to take unpaid leave. We will lose everything that my husband has worked so hard for. I just cannot see that. So, we are coping. I am just afraid that we will not have much time together when school is finished. Hubert gets weaker every day. He sleeps a lot during the day, but still is up and around taking care of himself, the dogs, cats, and bringing me coffee every morning. He is a strong man. I tell him I can do that, but he says he needs to be useful, so I let him do what he wants to do. I am just terrified that something will happen to him while I am working. His nieces and sister have been coming to the house pretty regularly to check on him and our daughter comes twice a week to stay with him for a few hours as well. He likes the company, and does better on days that there are visits. He has a CNA for a few hours every day too, so that is a blessing. He takes his shower while she is there so that if he needs help, someone will be there. We will get through this... God will take care of us.. Thanks for all the support.. Tammara