Hello:
I have been on here a few times, and always get good advice. My husband, Hubert, was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the tonsil area in April of 2009, but the disease had been working on him for some time. We do not know how long, but probably at least a year. He had radiation, chemo and has a PEG tube since Sept. 09. The doctors said in Feb, that he has had all treatment, that the cancer has spread to his lungs and then he sent us home with Hospice help. Hubert has grown continually weaker, but is still able to care for himself pretty much. He has terrible swelling of the face and neck, pain from the tumors, is getting short of breath and having difficulty with balance. He also coughs up huge hunks of bloody tissue that looks like blood clots. We are wondering just what we can expect as this grows worse, and if anyone has any idea of how long we may have. The doctors said 4 to 6 months, but I am worried that things are progressing very rapidly, and want to be as prepared as I can. No one answers my questions. Do any of you have any ideas for me?
Thank you for any help.
Tammara