Agreed you do need to catch a break and boy do I know the panic you are feeling. I also know that radiation does a real number on you - affecting all tissues within a 10 miles radius it seems!

I have made many of those lumps and bumps which made my gut clench and stomach drop cold sweat sets in. Then, I get checked - they say its nothing - and magically the symptoms disappear as soon as I have been checked. Wierd how that works!

Perhaps you burnt that part of your tongue on some hot coffee or soup and - due to radiation effects - didn't really realize it. Many things could be resposible for such a fast rise of an irritated area...try to stay calm, deep breaths...we are here with you.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)