I have discussed a face lift with the plastic surgeon who did my free flap reconstruction. He said that to even out my neck he could do it. I don't think I will "do it." It is not covered by medical insurance, I am 66 and it would have to be be redone in about 15 years, I am tired of surgeries and doctor appointments and would rather not spend the $3500 or so on my face. Besides, I feel that I have put my family through enough already. The almost 6 year old grandson told his mother that he is afraid that my head will fall off where I had my surgery. He should know that just dealing with grown-up life is enough to make you feel like your head is flying off!

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF