Hi. I'm almost afraid to put my feelings into written word. I feel like I am on the verge of breaking down worrying about John's current symptoms. John started working out at a gym in a hospital near our house a couple months ago. He lost so much muscle mass that he wanted to regain some of what he lost. So far he has regained 10 of the 30 lbs. he lost. He continues to drink protein drinks along with most foods. Around 6 weeks ago he started complaining that his left shoulder was bothering him. He assumed it was something he did at the gym. He went to the family doctor around 3 weeks ago. He told him it is probably from working out and that if he injured himself it would take longer to heal because of the radiation. He also gave him a script to get an x-ray. John hasn't seemed himself in a few days. He finally confided in me yesterday that he has lost 3 lbs. and that the pain in his shoulder can now be felt off and on in his chest.

I am on the verge of tears typing this trying not to drive myself crazy with the "what-ifs". Hopefully he will go get the x-ray done today. He saw the radiation oncologist on December 16th. He scoped him and examined him and said everything looked good. He has a CT Scan scheduled for the first week of January. I'm going to have him call today and try and move the CT Scan up and take things from there.

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2