Thanks to everyone for the diet tips! I looked online for ensure and it didn't seem cheaper than buying it in the store. When I get sick of the ensure I might try ordering that carnation stuff from Amazon.

In the meantime...an update.

I finally have a treatment plan. It seems they're doing a lot of high dosages of stuff "because I'm young and can handle it."

In reading other folks signatures my upcoming course of treatment seems pretty standard, but let me know your opinion on the following for someone with clear margins and no visible signs (per MRI and CT) of any cancer remaining after this last batch of surgery:
***33 doses of Hi-Art IMRT, up to 66 Gy in my scar area. Areas to be hit by radiation: both sides of my neck and all of my oral tongue down through the lymphnode drainage area, while specifically avoiding my right check salivary gland and larynx.
***Concurrent doses of Cisplatin, 3 times, 100mg/m^2 each

The plan now is to start chemo Monday (12/21) morning, immediately followed by the first dose of radiation. This is all tentative on them finishing my radiation program though. I think my RO was saying that the computer design program liked to crash a lot.

At this point I'm just ready to get this whole thing started. The sooner I begin, the sooner I finish and can enjoy being in remission once again. smile

9.29.08: Dx @ 24 w/ T2 SCC, tongue
10.14.08: Partial gloss. & r. neck dissection. Margins/nodes all clear. No HPV. No rad.
10.06.09: Recurrence in l. lymphnode
11.16.09: L. neck dissection + lost nerve XII
12.28.09: 33xIMRT w/ concurrent 3xCisplatin (no PEG)
02.15.10: Done with treatment!