Well....I'm one of those typical members who disappears when things are going well. So of course after today's news, I am back. frown

Last Monday I noticed some swelling on the left side of my neck. Thinking it could be a cold coming on, but also knowing my history, I scheduled an immediate appt. with my ENT. He felt it was probably an infection in my salivary gland from dehydration, but recommended a PETct or biopsy b/c of my history. I chose the biopsy to get the results quicket.

Today I had an FA biopsy done on the gland which came back confirming the cancer was back. The pathologist said I'll need surgery and probably radiation. I'll see my ENT first thing Thursday and plan out my next steps.

I'm just anxious, especially about radiation. I absolutely love cooking and can't imagine what will happen to my salivary glands and tastebuds. I also don't know how I'm going to deal with missing so much work. I thought I was through this.

I'm just overwhelmed right now and needed to put my thoughts down.

Thanks for listening.

Jen in AZ

9.29.08: Dx @ 24 w/ T2 SCC, tongue
10.14.08: Partial gloss. & r. neck dissection. Margins/nodes all clear. No HPV. No rad.
10.06.09: Recurrence in l. lymphnode
11.16.09: L. neck dissection + lost nerve XII
12.28.09: 33xIMRT w/ concurrent 3xCisplatin (no PEG)
02.15.10: Done with treatment!