Today's update -
I met with my ENT this morning. He said I would get a PETCT, then a left neck dissection, and then most likely radiation. It all depends on the results of scans/surgery/consultations over the next few weeks. The PETCT place called at 5:45 today leaving me a voicemail that they close at 5:30 (what?) and to call them tomorrow to schedule a scan for first thing next week. The hospital called to schedule my consultation with my surgeon for the 20th. I've decided to return to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix for this round of surgery, as they do 1-2 of these surgeries a week and my ENT says he usually does about 5 a year. After all of that I'll meet with my oncologist for the next plan of attack. At this point I'm just hoping to be home from surgery in time for Halloween. I think the fresh left neck scar and faded right neck scar would make a pretty awesome/scary Halloween costume. Ha!

Thanks to David for the CCC link. It turns out my oncologist is associated with the only CCC in Arizona. Go figure! That makes me feel a whole lot better about how this will all turn out.

Thanks to Charm for the book recommendation. That guy's story sounds awesome and would be a real encouragement during this time. I'll have to pick up a copy as soon as it comes out. smile

9.29.08: Dx @ 24 w/ T2 SCC, tongue
10.14.08: Partial gloss. & r. neck dissection. Margins/nodes all clear. No HPV. No rad.
10.06.09: Recurrence in l. lymphnode
11.16.09: L. neck dissection + lost nerve XII
12.28.09: 33xIMRT w/ concurrent 3xCisplatin (no PEG)
02.15.10: Done with treatment!