Wow! I logged on because I am at my wits end with what to do or who to call about my husbands teeth. He had all his back teeth taken out last December before treatment which he finished in April. since then, like you, he rinses his mouth out umpteen times a day and brushes as often but it has to been to no avail. his gums are receding like yours and has had infections also. He also has had tooth 23 and 24 come out and lost tooth 30 today. I asked RO for referral to dentist / oral surgeon but he had none. I know he will have to have the HBO prior to having his teeth removed but felt we should start with a doctor? We live in Atlanta and I have called around but had little response.

Are you under the care of dentist, oral surgeon, RO, MO? Where should we start? And are you getting permanent posts and dentures or just temporaries? Are you having all your teeth removed or just the one? And if you dont mind me asking, what age range are you in? Do you know if your HNC was HPV related?
I know its a lot of questions. I look forward to hearing anyone's experience or recommendations.

Siouxbee - Your husbands osteonecrosis just started? I thought that the risk went down with the passage of time so I had not considered the possibility?

Traci
Spouse to Lew (59)(5 family members DX)
SCC IVA/T1N2M0 BOT DX 9/08 /Tonsillectomy(cl)/ TX 12/08 (TPF)x2 /RT x35 w 7 wkly (Taxol, Carboplatin, Erbitux) Finish 4/09 / Port /no peg lost 105lbs/ 2/10 CT clear/HBOT x30/all teeth out and implants placed
www.asilentepidemic.webs.com