hi folks,

radiation and chemo in '01.. all routine since then. i've been surprised by the long recovery road that just keeps getting better. recently i've started producing notably more saliva.. yahoo!

i finally learned that mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide works better for me than prescription meds for keeping thrush under control.

despite my best efforts of 4/yr teeth cleaning and brushing\rinsing umteen times per day, i've got receding gums that are to the point where food gets trapped and causes infection...

so 2 lower teeth (19 and 30) are coming out... today i met with the hyperbaric folks and got scheduled for dives in Jan.

overall i am glad to have been able to keep my teeth this long and the docs tell me i'm doing good... so dive and pull.. and get some man made replacements.

i'm open to any tips or advice.

best holiday wishes to everyone.
cu,
larryb

'01 diagnosis.. jaw hing and base of tongue. surgery not possible. JHU used radiation and chemo to seemingly rid me of the beast. peg for about 19 months. 100 cases of 24 cans of liquid food. 9 months eating therapy. 3x esophagus stretches. non-smoker. previously a social drinker.