Hi Larry,
My husband is also experiencing problems with tooth 30 thanks to osteonecrosis. Oral surgeon wants to pull it out but he must have HBO treatments first. Talked to his radiation oncologist who had us meet with UCLA dentist who works with H&N patients on teeth problems. Discussed HBO, but he recommended a special root canal procedure. Husband spent 10 hours in dentist chair enduring procedure. Pain eased a little for a few days, but it is now back big time. If I may ask, will your medical insurance cover the HBO? We lost our dental insurance Dec 1. I am hoping he can take HBO as he has high blood pressure and a blockage in his neck on side of dissection. They cannot operate as veins are too close to the skin, so he is now on medication. This is a good man who has suffered so much since diagnosis in 2003. In 2006 he was diagnosed with CLL, but he is still in stage 0. Dr. figures he may have to start chemo late next year. We are thankful for every day we have together.

I wish you the very best of luck with your HBO treatments. My sister had HBO for a bad wound. She did have to have tubes in her ears to relieve the pressure and her eyesight was affected for a few months. But the treatment was a success!

All the best,
Siouxbee

Husband diagnosied in 06/2003 (57 yrs old)with SCC base of tongue T1N2b. In 06/2003 started chemoradiation (35 radiation + 3 chemo). In Nov. 2003 had right neck dissection. No cancer recurrence but currently suffering from osteonecrosis.