Thanks, Donna. The only trouble I have is that my mucus is CONSTANT. Even when I clear it out, it comes right back from somewhere. It's a constant thing all day. At night, for some reason, lying down seems to help stop it, or at least I sleep about 5 hours. When I get up, here it comes - sort of frothy at first, then it thickens. I spit all day in a kleenex, which I hate (try to find hiding places where people can't hear me frown The other thing is the putrid sweet taste associated with it. I've been told others have the metallic taste associated with theirs when they're having their treatments, but mine changed to the sweet taste about 6 months ago and is constant. Again, thanks for your suggestion. I just wonder if others have had the sweet putrid taste associated with constant mucus all day.
Julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile