I must be an oddball to this group, because although I do have dry mouth occasionally, my problem is the thick, putrid-sweet- tasting mucus I constantly have in my mouth/throat. In the mornings it starts out as a frothy liquid coming up in my throat, then the rest of the day I constantly have the mucus/phlegm in my throat/mouth. It makes me nauseous and I have no appetite. I had something similar during and right after my treatments (completed Jan '9; 7 wks radiation with 1 day wk chemo for Stage IV squamous-cell tonsil cancer), but this is much worse. I have written before on the forum about this, but not too many others seem to be experiencing this. My doctors blame it on the radiation I had, but I'm wondering if something else is causing it since not too many others have mentioned they have/had it. I probably sound like a broken record, so forgive me. Right not I am waiting for a call from my doctor with results of my latest 3-month CT Monday. Pray for me. I'll let you all know my results when I get them. Thank you for listening.
julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile