Jeffrey,
I cannot recall if it was during or after radiation treatment, but during the time that I was sick, could hardly talk and felt like crap, I got a call from Met Life ( Snoopy administers my disability policies ) telling me that one of their representatives would be in my area soon and would like to meet me. I was thinking... its not like I am claiming a bad back or depression or carpal tunnel syndrome...I've got friggin cancer...and you are sending some dude who travels America to look me over.

Well, being a lawyer myself, I called one of my former partners who handles cases against insurance companies and from that moment on he did all the talking and we told the investigator or whatever he was to meet me at my lawyer's office. I also had the fellow who sold me the policy, with whom I'd grown up, to be present.

Smiling faces sell you the policies, but when you make a claim you get to meet some bulldog whose mission in life is to hold down the cost of payouts by the insurance company. They are still paying me, but are beginning to make rumblings that I should be able to work more, etc. I am fortunate that I can let my lawyer do the talking.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.