I got my Carnation VHC on the Internet. I checked with our local Walgreens but they were supposed to try to order me some but I never heard from them. The CVS Drug Store did likewise. So, if you can't find it or your drug store can't order it, try the Internet. It only took about 3 days to get here. It only comes in vanilla, and like Philipp said, is sort of thick, so John may want to mix milk or chocolate Boost with his. Did he try drinking it with a straw? Seems easier to get down for me that way. I, too, sometimes feel a little nauseated after drinking it down, so I put one or two salty oyster crackers in my mouth that totally changes the taste and eases the nauseous feeling. Hope some of this helps. Also, with the little cups of pudding, try some of the little cups of jello for a different taste - it slides down pretty easy.
julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile