Hi Philipp:

When I finished my treatments (radiation and chemo) for tonsil cancer in Jan 08, I had a PEG for about 6 months until it got infected - then it had to come out, so instead of having another one put in, I chose to swear to eat anything I could, which wasn't much. I would eat mostly things like potatoes and gravy that would slide down easy, sometimes, or soups. But, the biggest thing was I supplemented with an idea I got from this forum. It's Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC which has 560 cals in a small 8 oz can. All you have to do is drink 5 or 6 of those a day to get the calories you need. You can get them over the Internet (which I did and it took only about 3 days), or from the pharmacy depts of places like Walgreens or CVS. Be sure to get the VHC (Very High Calories) variety. After all this time, I still have to have my esophagus stretched occasionally, and I have to wash most of my food down. I, too, have no appetite and become nauseous even thinking of eating, but I FORCE MYSELF TO, AND YOU CAN TOO. Take your mind off eating while you eat, watch TV, or read, or do anything other than think of eating smile

julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile