Hi, all -

Thanks for checking up on me! I finished treatment on 8/26! Unfortunately, things have gone downhill since then -- I have had a LOT more pain than I thought I would and my energy has dipped to a new low. I do wonder if this is "normal"...Also, I have a yeast infection -- just started meds yesterday for that and am hoping that soon the pain will be better. For the first time since starting treatment, I have gone without "eating" (drinking protein drinks) -- have forced myself to take water, but that's all I can do. Now I know why people get a feeding tube! Of course, it's not an option for me at this point, but I'm looking forward to getting this pain under control enough that I can eat (drink Ensure, etc.) again.

I know I'm not supposed to feel better right away, but am I supposed to feel WORSE? I do better when I have a light at the end of the tunnel to keep my eye on, but right now I'm really in the dark...

Also, has anyone else out there had -- yuck -- mucous that tastes like dead animal? It's unbearable, and I hate to think what my breath smells like.

Chrissy

Stage 2 SCC upper right palate
Hemi-palatectomy and maxillectomy 5/28/09
Six teeth gone
IMRT x30 starts July 13. Completed 8/26/09
Carboplatin and Taxol x6 starting 7/14/09. Completed 8/25/09.